TWO SACRAMENTS AND FIVE RITES OF THE LGBTS CHRISTIAN CHURCH INC.
The LGBTS Christian Church Inc. embraces two Holy Sacraments
1.THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM by water and the Spirit, as recorded in the Scriptures, shall be a sign of the dedication of each life to God and God’s service. Through the words and acts of this sacrament, the recipient is identified as God’s own Child. (John 3:3-5, Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:38-39)
2.THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY EUCHARIST is the partaking of blessed bread and fruit of the vine in accordance with the words of Jesus, our Sovereign: This is my body…this is my blood. (Matthew 26:26-28). All who believe, confess and repent and seek God’s love through Christ, after examining their consciences, may freely participate in the communal meal, signifying their desire to be received into community with Jesus Christ, to be saved by Jesus Christ’s sacrifice, to participate in Jesus Christ’s resurrection, and to commit their lives anew to the service of Jesus Christ.
The Rites of the LGBTS Christian Church Inc. as performed by its duly authorized ministers shall consist of the following:
1. The RITE OF ORDINATION is the setting apart of duly qualified persons for the professional ministry of the LGBTS Christian Church Inc. It is evidenced by the laying on of hands by authorized ordained clergy, pursuant to these Bylaws and Constitution.
2. The RITE OF CHURCH INITIATION shall be conducted by the Pastor before a local congregation at any regular worship service. In accordance with the criteria established by the local church, a person may become a member in good standing of the local church through the Sacrament of Baptism.
3. The RITE OF HOLY UNION is the spiritual joining of two persons in a manner fitting and proper by a duly authorized clergy of the LGBTS Christian Church Inc. After both persons have been counseled and apprised of their responsibilities one toward the other, this rite of conferring God’s blessing may be performed.
4. The RITE OF MEMORIAL SERVICE is to be fittingly conducted by the Pastor or a Lay Minister of the LGBTS Christian Church Inc. for the deceased. The Service for the Living shall be offered to the family, relatives and friends. A perpetual prayer can be offered to the soul of the departed sister/brother.
5. The RITE OF BLESSING may be conducted by the Pastor or Lay Minister of the LGBTS Christian Church Inc. for things when deemed appropriate. This includes the dedication of a church building to the glory of God.